Thursday 5 February 2015

About Me And This Blog

Hello there!
I'm a young adult year old guy from Melbourne, Australia, who's always loved the works of R.L. Stine. I literally have all of the original Goosebumps Series that I collected as a kid, but can't bear to part with. When i was about 11 I read my first Fear Street book, I think it was The Confession. It was a reissued copy from my local book store, you know the ones that have like the shiny cover with just one object in the middle? Yeah. I prefer the old school ones. Anyway I LOVED this book. As an 11 year old I didn't really know any better. It had gruesome deaths, mystery, and I had no idea who the killer was until they were revealed. I was young and innocent back then, unaware of all the cheese and other elements we make fun of in these books today. I haven't read it since I was about 13, but that's the book that started my love of Fear Street. Over the years since, I've purchased every other book in the series I could find, along with other Point Horror novels.
After reading blogs such as Shadyside Snark and Fear Street1, I've been inspired to create my own blog to criticize our beloved Fear Street books as well as other books and series that are similar. If you're anything like me you love the cheesiness, the predictability, the fashion choices, and the poor decisions of the characters in these books, and I hope you enjoy my views and comments about them.
I will aim to post regularly; I've just bought a massive batch of books to add to my already big collection so I shouldn't run out any time soon.
First up is Secret Admirer, which should be up within a few days!
Get excited. I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment